Facts and Figures
With the help of our sponsor, the Connecticut Society of CPAs, and other nonprofit partners, Community Accounting Services made significant changes in our organization in 2016.
- We served more than 1,500 low-income families and small nonprofits.
- We received a grant from the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving in order to strengthen our agency and to help us to continue to make a difference in our community.
- With the assistance of the University of Saint Joseph, we obtained the participation of two interns in assisting the Executive Director:
- Fall of 2016 -- Arkadiusz Mycek: Accounting Major, Class of 2017
- Spring of 2017 -- Erin Morris: Accounting Major, Class of 2018
- We recruited six new members to our board:
- Chelagat Misiko, MBA. Waltson & Ignani P.C.
- Roberta Boyle, CPA. Accounting Resources, Inc.
- Melissa Braun, CPA. Whittlesey & Hadley, P.C.
- Marie Kulesza, MSPA, CPA, CMA. Central Connecticut State University
- Brent Stratton, Esquire. Stratton Elder Law.
- Matt Stribyckij, CPA. Marcum LLP.
- Through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, we served more than 1,100 low-income families – almost double the number as last year.